Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    badfishy
    Mike's is a recipe for disaster. It's like driving on an off-road pavement track! I really wish there were some cool places in Houston like they have in different parts of the country. Sucks, Houston is so big and there is no support for the hobby.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyrc
    if you guys are talking about Mikes Hobby shop I posted about it on post#99 the address is there. that's where I go to get my rc parts and I use the track once in awhile.
    the bmx track he was talking about is in sugarland your on the northeast part of 59 sugarland is southwest part of 59
    3905 mmm castle nue 2200kv 6s2p A123's

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by motor24
    the bmx track he was talking about is in sugarland your on the northeast part of 59 sugarland is southwest part of 59
    I was talking about the track he said was in the porter /new caney area.
    Found Emaxx in the trash!! Works Great!!

RC poster
    I live on the East side of Houston and I usually go to parks around Lake Houston or Herman Brown Park off of Oates Rd is a good site(flat lands no traffic or trees). I have not found a good site with consistant jumps thats not made of concrete. I am still looking.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyrc
    I was talking about the track he said was in the porter /new caney area.
    sorry!!!!!!!!!!!
    3905 mmm castle nue 2200kv 6s2p A123's

RC Racer
    i always get in trouble at the construction sites. i did eyeball one on at 2920 & 45 im going to check out this weekend if weather permits.

badfishy
    So, I heard there might be a new place to race and bash opening soon in the Galveston county, near Dickinson...

RC Qualifier
    Where?!!!!
    E-Maxx 3905 MMM/2200
    Sometimes 4s, sometimes 6.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by badfishy
    So, I heard there might be a new place to race and bash opening soon in the Galveston county, near Dickinson...
    come on man, where? ditches and parking lots are getting old. I find myself now just tearing up my stuff.

badfishy
    There has been some progress in the arrangements for a rc park. Apparently it will have a freestyle, rock crawling, and off road race track. The rc track will be in Galveston county near Dickinson. If you want emails with the progress send me a pm with your email address and I can forward you news as I get it. It might be open by September.

RC poster
    A bunch of people bash at a BMX park in Sugarland, but I haven't been out there yet. I heard Sundays are good. There is also a track in Porter, near New Caney off 59. The track there is nice and covered, but it is really hard, compacted dirt and tends to crack parts on impact.
    I've seen a bunch of people out there on Sundays before. I was at the park last week, cool place. Too bad I have a 4-tec, otherwise I would go out there when people are there.

I believe it is in Lost Creek Park. Off of Settlers Way, I think thats the street name.
    4 tec

Quote Originally Posted by Racer_X
    I've seen a bunch of people out there on Sundays before. I was at the park last week, cool place. Too bad I have a 4-tec, otherwise I would go out there when people are there.

I believe it is in Lost Creek Park. Off of Settlers Way, I think thats the street name.
    Going to try and find it tomorrow (Fathers Day) if anyone wants to meet up hit me up.

3701 Lost Creek Blvd, Sugar Land
    Last edited by TheGuy; 06-21-2009 at 12:52 AM.

RC poster

I haven't been to lost creek in a while. I heard that they banned RC's from the BMX track. Did anyone else hear this?

badfishy
    Yeah, they banned r/c cars on the track. There are multiple BIG signs clearly stating no r/c cars in the park. I've heard some people take their electrics and haven't had trouble cause, they're quiet. Wouldn't risk a ticket though, it's city property.

Yeah, they banned r/c cars on the track. There are multiple BIG signs clearly stating no r/c cars in the park. I've heard some people take their electrics and haven't had trouble cause, they're quiet. Wouldn't risk a ticket though, it's city property.
    Ouch, that bites the big one. Anyone else know of nitro freindly bashing places? Sugar Land pd can be jerks so not even going to risk it.

RC poster
    I was out there last week and there is a sign saying RC cars prohibited. But I just went anyway. It was like 10pm. I still see people out there, the sign doesn't really stop anyone.

Edit: Does anyone know of any hobby shops in the Sugar Land area besides RC Hobby Shop?
    Last edited by Racer_X; 06-21-2009 at 03:09 PM.
    4 tec

RC poster
    I was out there last week and there is a sign saying RC cars prohibited. But I just went anyway. It was like 10pm. I still see people out there, the sign doesn't really stop anyone.

Edit: Does anyone know of any hobby shops in the Sugar Land area besides RC Hobby Shop?
    There used to be a shop on Hwy 6 north of 90. I'm not sure if it is still there.

RC Qualifier
    I need to bash/race where you guys going to be????? I fianlly got my 2 revos running and got some nitro
    FEEDBACK
    +12/-0
    AND GROWING EVERYDAY=)

RC Qualifier
    I wanna race/bash where yall at
    keep your mouth closed and let your eyes listen

RC Racer
    oh man, wish i new of some spots, not trespass signs everywhere!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    a new track in central texas.
    fullthrottlehobbies
    located in boerne tx.
    http://www.fullthrottlehobbiesrc.com/index.html

badfishy
    New track in Galveston County confirmed!!!

www.vertigoraceway.com

RC Qualifier
    New track in Galveston County confirmed!!!

www.vertigoraceway.com
    Im defiantly going to visit that track when I come home from college
    keep your mouth closed and let your eyes listen

badfishy
    It looks lime vertigo raceway is going to have a freestyle area for bashing. I saw on another forum that there will be benefits to signing up for the mailing list on their site. Wish they would hurry up and open!

There is a public mini skate park at magnum and 34th on the north west area if anyone wants to meet up sometime we can check it out.

RC poster
    Anyone around Spring or north side of Houston wanna bash? Or do you know any good spots?

RC Qualifier
    any of you guys hered of riders hobby shop its a great place to buy hobby stuff and they have a race track its 25 dollars to race there with afamily or group and you can be there for a long time and practice on the track until its time to race the location is ypsilanti michigan look it up on google or go to riders.com they have several locations

RC Competitor
    I went out to the new Vertigo Raceway today. It's located near Alvin, south of Friendswood. Easy to find; they share land and shop space with a motocross track.

The track is hard packed, sandy clay. It looks to be designed more for 1/8 scale buggies; my stock Slash looked pretty slow out there. I've been thinking of going brushless; this might push me over the edge.

The track is fun; see the link below for pictures and a video. The driver's stand is sturdy, and has work tables underneath with electricity.

Give them some business if you can, and let's keep them around for a while.

http://www.vertigoraceway.com/

RC Racer
    Anyone around Spring or north side of Houston wanna bash? Or do you know any good spots?
    yeah any good spots?

RC Qualifier
    How did this thread become a sticky??
    MERV
    Stampede XL-5

RC Qualifier
    hey all i live in laporte!! like 20 mins from houston! we should start a club. great ideas guys

RC Qualifier
    moving to Rockwall next month.. any 1/10 electric off-road racing near there?
    "You must first climb, to be at the top"

RC Qualifier
    just looking for sugar land rc drivers. i know about most of the local tracks/shops but don't always have time to go out to them. i'm looking for any meet ups or bash sessions here in sugar land.

RC Racer
    anyone still bashing in the south katy area in this heat.

just moved here from michigan and dang it freaking hot down here.

RC Qualifier
    i'm in sugar land, and i head out sunday's... the parking lot of imperial sugar company is where i go. the parking has a lot of trees, open pavement, semi large grass area, and speed bumps, curbs and tree roots to jump. it's not the ultimate place to bash but i'm new and it's a start. i'm off on fridays, and i'm thinking about going to the track at m&m hobby store. they have a dirt track, it's by far not the best, but it's something to do.

RC Racer
    u going this sunday (today)? i can go almost whenever.

RC Qualifier
    No. I'm not going to make it today. Taking my son to my parents for a visit.

What rc truck do you have? Just curious. I have a nitro stampede. Check out the nitro stampede area for pics

RC Racer
    darn maybe next time, what time do u go? i have a vxl 2wd slash, evader(esc and motor from slash, emaxx(needs motors), boat and a mcx2 heli.

RC Qualifier
    I'll keep you posted whenever I plan to go bash. Hopefully next weekend.