Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    got to visit there last weekend the day before turkey leg at jcg. that's a first class facility down there, nice pits, nice well stocked hobby shop, helpful and courteous staff in the hobby shop. plus it's easy to get to and has plenty of parking.
    about the track...... hmmmm, what can i say? hated the elevation of the track, only two sets of stairs to access the track and half the time you had to push your way through people standing on the stairs driving. due to the elevation you either had to drive from the drivers stand, or take your life in your hands and stand on a six inch wide wall or it was impossible to see all areas of the track. (the entire track is about 4 ft above floor level) none of that matters on race day when you have corner marshalls but for practice it made crashes a serious pain..... any crash is pretty much a guaranteed flame-out because it took so long to get to your car. they won't allow driving from the track, which would go a long way helping all these problems.
    aggravating all the above problems was a technical layout with lots of big air. the general consensus among the group i was with was one word- brutal. everybody there with us that day suffered breakage due to the large jumps. with track access so difficult, everybody agreed the the layout should be toned down somewhat. it was understandable the driving from the track is not permitted, with all the big air, violent crashes, somebody would get hurt eventually.
    because of all the above, this facility would be a good place to go race, but i'll pass when it comes to somewhere to go practice. corner marshalls are a requirement at this track, otherwise it's one big hassle....
    jiffy riggin' okie
    revo-world

RC Competitor
    Glad I'm not the only one to think that, arbcj! It's a parts-eater for sure!

RC Competitor
    sorry that you guys don't like the track, but for alot of people it is a great place. me included.
    the track should be going thru an overhaul soon.
    later,
    brian

RC poster
    hey where's Indy at?? i'm new to the game.. where are the main and/or better houston area tracks??
    go big or go home.. you gotta pin it to win it

RC Competitor
    Losi, it's not so much the track...I liked the previous layout much better. My biggest problem now is the back jumps being so close to the wall and ending where that wall narrows. For someone not familiar with the track, that back wall is a front-end buster for sure.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by losi b
    sorry that you guys don't like the track, but for alot of people it is a great place. me included.
    the track should be going thru an overhaul soon.
    later,
    brian
    i wouldn't go so far to say i didn't like the track, i'd race there for sure. throw in some corner marshalls and most everything i mentioned as being a problem goes away. it's just a hassle to practice.
    i was thinking about it some last night laying in bed. if they could put a spot in the track area where you could stand and drive that would be a huge improvement. maybe surround the spot with haybales or something. another possibility would be to convert the pit lane to use for drivers while practicing. you really only need the pit lane on race day. block each end with some haybales and you're set.
    another idea i had might be a bit cost and labor intensive but some stairs from the driver's stand to the track would be nice as well.
    jiffy riggin' okie
    revo-world

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by arbcj
    i wouldn't go so far to say i didn't like the track, i'd race there for sure. throw in some corner marshalls and most everything i mentioned as being a problem goes away. it's just a hassle to practice.
    i was thinking about it some last night laying in bed. if they could put a spot in the track area where you could stand and drive that would be a huge improvement. maybe surround the spot with haybales or something. another possibility would be to convert the pit lane to use for drivers while practicing. you really only need the pit lane on race day. block each end with some haybales and you're set.
    another idea i had might be a bit cost and labor intensive but some stairs from the driver's stand to the track would be nice as well.
    never mind i just heard they closed for thanksgiving and are not going to open back up. ah well, another track in the history books.
    jiffy riggin' okie
    revo-world

RC Competitor
    Indy's open and going strong, ARBJC. It's Speed R/C that's gone belly-up.

The races Saturday night at Indy were well run and pretty good. Not too many entered the truggy class, but there were several buggies.

RC Qualifier
    yeah speed r/c is what we were talking about....
    jiffy riggin' okie
    revo-world

RC poster
    do any of these tracks have websites or can someone gimme directions???

i only know of the woodlands track and the one off of 59N in new caney

i'm comin from cy-fair highschool area right off of 290
    go big or go home.. you gotta pin it to win it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksal854
    do any of these tracks have websites or can someone gimme directions???

i only know of the woodlands track and the one off of 59N in new caney

i'm comin from cy-fair highschool area right off of 290
    the track(s) that you ask about that we were discussing are all in dallas/ ft worth. i see you are in houston so maybe this link will point you towards something in your area.

http://p206.ezboard.com/bteamnemo
    jiffy riggin' okie
    revo-world

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by marvinkcat
    Adding to a reply. Alot of you folks are very young..under 16. Some stores seem to think you are not worthy of their attention. Its very simple, you explain in a professional manner that you and all of your friends will trade elsewhere. You then make good on the promise.
    If you need parts you order on-line or thru mail order or thru another store.
    You boycott the store that treated you wrong and have your friends do the same.
    You do not use their track and you pass the word that they do not treat young customers fairly. You are a customer and as such shuld be treated with the same respect as any mastercard/visa carrying adult.
    Remember you must conduct yourself as an adult as well.
    Ya i kno wits so anoyying, im just turned 13 and the guys at hobbytown give me no attention becasue they want the higher paying customors and they lie to me, i called and asked if they a revo 2.5, they said they did i went their and they forgot that they ran out like 3 monthes ago, and tried to sellme other cars. It made me so mad, also i have to compliment mikes hobby shop in carrolton,Texas www.Mikeshobbyshop.com. They treat everyone equel and have great customer service and very nice employes. They will even give me their full attention even if im in there just looking at all the cool stuff, they will tell me about it all.
    run it, break it, fix it, gota love it

RC Enthusiast
    ya speed r/c has now closed for good i think the car dealer ship next door is using the parking lot and not sure about the building. Theres a sign that just says go vist www.speedrc.com now. Also how about all of us dallas people get together and have a big bash!!!!I got a revo3.3, a stock pede, and 2 rc10gts, and some awsome places to bash at that really close to my house.Also what part of dallas are yall from im from the highland park park.
    run it, break it, fix it, gota love it

RC poster

NW Houston

Any dirt tracks int he NW part of Houston?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by revodude44
    ya speed r/c has now closed for good i think the car dealer ship next door is using the parking lot and not sure about the building. Theres a sign that just says go vist www.speedrc.com now. Also how about all of us dallas people get together and have a big bash!!!!I got a revo3.3, a stock pede, and 2 rc10gts, and some awsome places to bash at that really close to my house.Also what part of dallas are yall from im from the highland park park.
    I agree. I would like to be part of something were we could get together once a month or something. I have a os .18tm maxx and a lx comp. I am up in Frisco.

RC Racer
    I’m in south Houston area and live on an 11acre farm that has a hilly pasture that I drive on. I have an e-max. I have a friend with a 3.3 T-max and we are both 15.
    I have a huge compost pile that is covered in leaves. Its fun to practice big jumps and if I land wrong the car won’t get hurt because the leaves are like 2 feet deep and the leaves are a good cushion. It’s like jumping into a foam pit. I’m fairly new to RC but its fun.
    later.

RC Competitor
    anyone looking to bash there monster around I10 West area? Just got a 3.3 revo always looking for someone else to bash with or a good place to tear up with the ballsy 3.3

RC Racer
    hey I live in spring branch houston tx and im 16 and have a pede if anybody wants to bash

RC Competitor
    The hobby Shop a few blocks away from my house (Mikes Hobby Shop) has almost completed their dirt track and they have races every Saturday and they have an on road track has well and they race every Saturday too. Also looking for a friend to chat about RC cars and stuff. I'm 14 and live in Kingwood.

Contact info for Mikes Hobby Shop

Mike's Hobby Shop
    21768 E. Knox Drive
    Porter, TX 77365
    (281)577-8250
    http://www.mikes-hobbyshop.com

RC Qualifier
    Looking for anyone in the North West side of Houston.... Anyone out there?? Jersey Village area.... Looking for some local bashers... Wanna have some fun.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeHeat
    Looking for anyone in the North West side of Houston.... Anyone out there?? Jersey Village area.... Looking for some local bashers... Wanna have some fun.
    Too Bad I'm on the North East side. Kingwood area. kinda nice though Mike's hobby shop is only 1 min drive from my place.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyrc
    Too Bad I'm on the North East side. Kingwood area. kinda nice though Mike's hobby shop is only 1 min drive from my place.
    Yeah Mike's is going to be a good lil drive for me.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeHeat
    Yeah Mike's is going to be a good lil drive for me.
    yeah that sucks. I haven't found any other tracks. I manly drive in empty lots that are going to be constucted on.

RC Competitor
    What Am I Looking At Tmaxxfreaks.com
    if your not first your last

RC Competitor
    any one east side of HOUSTON
    if your not first your last

RC Racer
    Anyone wanna meet and bash tomorrow afternoon?

RC Racer
    I am in katy tx
    I know of M&M but where are some other dirt tracks?
    I have looked and looked and searched

RC Qualifier

hey

im also located in katy tx and im 17 so if you have a onroad or offroad car pm me and we can build a track or sumthin and race
    TRUST
    +25/-0

RC Qualifier
    if i told you i would have to kill you Port neches,texas now time to die
    im an hour out of houston and we have a track in beaumont unless they sold the land =/

RC Racer

a place to race and bash in mn

Looking for a place to race and bash in the twin cities, minnesota....

anyone out there?

RC Qualifier
    if i told you i would have to kill you Port neches,texas now time to die
    Quote Originally Posted by wolmental
    Looking for a place to race and bash in the twin cities, minnesota....

anyone out there?
    ...this is for houston texas not mn

RC Qualifier
    are there any tracks in houston/katy ? I need to race!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
    TRUST
    +25/-0

RC Champion
    Anyone going to M&M on the 14th?
    We ride together..We die together..Bad Boys 4Life

badfishy
    Ok, "hypothetically" speaking. If there were a raceway that offered 3 different tracks in north Galveston county, would you pay a small fee to go??

RC Qualifier
    Uhhh, YEAH!

RC Qualifier
    is there any tracks in houston besides m & m i live in cypress northwest of houston anybody know of some good bash sites atleast
    3905 mmm castle nue 2200kv 6s2p A123's

badfishy
    A bunch of people bash at a BMX park in Sugarland, but I haven't been out there yet. I heard Sundays are good. There is also a track in Porter, near New Caney off 59. The track there is nice and covered, but it is really hard, compacted dirt and tends to crack parts on impact.

I would like to hear some other bashing places too, getting tired of the street and ditch...

RC Qualifier
    ya ive been to that one when i had my jato but its been so long i dont remember how to get there i would love to take my maxx out there that would be a blast
    3905 mmm castle nue 2200kv 6s2p A123's

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by badfishy
    A bunch of people bash at a BMX park in Sugarland, but I haven't been out there yet. I heard Sundays are good. There is also a track in Porter, near New Caney off 59. The track there is nice and covered, but it is really hard, compacted dirt and tends to crack parts on impact.

I would like to hear some other bashing places too, getting tired of the street and ditch...
    are you talking about Mikes hobby shop? mikes is off 59 in new caney/ Porter area and is covered and has compacted dirt. I live like 2 mins from mikes hobby shop.
    Found Emaxx in the trash!! Works Great!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by motor24
    ya ive been to that one when i had my jato but its been so long i dont remember how to get there i would love to take my maxx out there that would be a blast
    if you guys are talking about Mikes Hobby shop I posted about it on post#99 the address is there. that's where I go to get my rc parts and I use the track once in awhile.
    Found Emaxx in the trash!! Works Great!!