Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    RC Enthusiast

Thumbs up bashing in houston tx

Hi everyone just got my maxx a week ago today and lookin for the perfect place to bash in houston. hills ect the works. any fellow bashers in h-town please send a shout out at cha boy
    Last edited by outlaw121; 02-16-2003 at 12:57 AM.

Thumbs up

for a great all tx rc site check out www.rcfiles.com

RC Enthusiast
    how old are you? I am 14 in alvin about 20 min. south of houston. i only have a ntc3 now but am trying to trade for a maxx. lmk how old u are and maybe we could even get together.
    Go Fast, Turn Left,
    (CRASH,BANG,BOOM!!!),
    OOPS!, I Meant RIGHT!!!

RC Champion
    I live in Sugar Land and I too am 14
    Project eBay T-maxx ultimate basher.

RC Qualifier

League or somethin

Hey I live in houston and I have a friend that lives in katy. Maybe we should start a club, league or somthing

I have a Maxx he's got a rusty
    and my younger bro has a rusty too

He might be making a track on his prpperty(if theres enough interest) so LmK
    Last edited by tcp220; 06-27-2003 at 12:12 PM.
    Banned for repeated advertizing.

NC

RC poster
    Check out www.tmaxxfreaks.com they are located in the houston area. Great group of guys and gals. They are building a bash track just for the maxx.

Tx

RC Enthusiast
    Threre is a bash this weekend 4/5/03 at plrc 15 dollar donations will be accepted to fund bashathon on may 10 @ 11th. I will be attending for more info go to The T maxx freak website
    Hide your t-maxx it almost that time. The IRS is coming. :)

mdavenport1961

New Track and Hobbie Shop

Fastrak Hobbies new track location is 133318 Wallisville, in East Houston. with a competition Off-Road track and Repair shop. Open 7 Days a week.

RC Competitor
    Outlaw121 (and other Houston Bashers):

Check out this website for lots of information on Bashing in the Bayou City: www.t-maxxfreaks.com

They have a Houston chapter and will soon have an Austin chapter (started by yours truly and affiliated with TMF)

There is a Bashathon coming up in May (10th and 11th) in Houston that will be TELEVISED!

Great stuff and even greater folks involved in the chapter.

Thanks,

coachblood
    The smoker you drink...the player you get!

RC Competitor

More Bashing in Central Texas

There is a new T-Maxx Freaks Chapter in San Antonio, Texas. It is just getting started along with the Austin Chapter. Come check out the T-Maxx Freaks website at:

www.t-maxxfreaks.com

Lots of action and bashing going on, including information on Bashathon 2003!

Thanks,

coachblood
    TMF-Austin

RC Competitor

2003 TMF Bashathon

This is one Bashathon not to miss! Inside R/C will be filming, dirt will be flying and good times will be had by all. Come see us at Bashathon 2003 in Pearland, TX. Check out the website for more sordid details:

www.t-maxxfreaks.com

Bash On!

coachblood

RC Qualifier
    tracks

rccaraction.com/rc/info/rctrack_srch.asp
    hehe my E has 12 1 turn motors, 700 3300 cells, and 10 count em 10 racing stripes which boosts the speed about 200mph!!! lol
    so to recap, 100lb truck and about 500mph, not bad

RC Competitor
    The M&M hobby shop in Bellaire Texas has a pretty nice track. It is not used very much weekdays. It also has some pretty cool jumps and a nice straightaway.

RC poster
    yo im 14 i live in houston and im about o get a t maxx so maybe all of us could race or just bash a round
    they saw me,they raced me, they lost

RC Champion
    All you guys should click this link below.

www.t-maxxfreaks.com

From a member of T-Maxx Freaks of Denver
    Been There,Crashed That

RC Qualifier
    I would love to drive on a track, but I don't drive that well. I like to drive fast and wreckless and if you put my NR or buggy in a track environment then it would most likely be ugly.

I like open dirt.
    I try not to "lol" in my posts, that just ain't co

RC poster
    nitro check out t-maxxfreaks.com they have a new forum and are based in houston. If you are looking for a place to play around.

RC Competitor

where to race in houston

hey im 13 and i have a traxxas rustler.15 pro and i mite be getting a maxx and i race a m&m ya like that 1 dude said we should met up there and race and like make a club and everyone who is interested say some thing maybe we can set up a time to do this

RC poster

houston area

hey we are starting a club for the tmaxx drivers we are holding classes for the begginers and the amatures we call it thrc101 and its dedicated to teaching you the rules and safty at the races we also help you with tunning tips and truck set ups for the diffrent tracks. if any of you are interested ck out tmf (t-maxx freaks) web site. OR email rc4damaxx
    lets get it on!!!

RC Competitor
    In a shopping cart behind my local hobby shop
    Hey RC4DAMAXX i see you live in Baytown that is about 30 mintues from where i live i sent you a Pm Did you get it

RC Racer
    There is a track called lunatic hobbies, which I,ve actually been to and it is $5 to drive as long as you want. Info:

Adress:1631 Hwy 6 South
    Phone #: (281) 496-1200

They have drinks, and you can charge up your batteries there. I went there and never broke a part. They have an off-road track, on-road track, and a paintball area. They also have some spare parts there. Lots of jumps!

I'm an owner of an E-Maxx that is green for now, and I will be going saturday since it isn't suppose to rain, it is an outdoor course.

Hope to see someone there!
    JumboEmaxx, Revo2.5R & Tmaxx3.3: Working

RC Racer
    By the way, don't worry about if you drive good or not for this track because it is very fogiving. They also have a race off-road Fridays at 7:00p.m. and a race on-road Saturdays at 7:00p.m.

My friend and I are thinking of starting a club. He owns a Team Losi buggy, an Evader, and he wants to get a Stampede. I own the E-Maxx (great truck) and we are like the only 2 kids at our school who are into R/C cars.

For more info PM me and I will be happy to help you out.

RC Enthusiast
    Local tracks in houston can be found here

http://www.teamhoustonrc.com/tracks.htm

There is a new one just getting started called Area 51 its in Santa fe south of houston. I havent been there yet may go visit it this weekend and see what its like

RC Racer
    any1 near houston wanna help me fix my electric pede?im having some probs and really new to this.I dont wanna go to the hobby store cuz they charge me alot per hour.Thanks

RC poster
    what kind of problems you having with it ?

RC Racer
    many probs one main one is the one of the rear wheels is stuck and wont move when i push it manually or when i put throttle on it

RC poster
    sounds like the dif may need to be cleaned and possibly rebuilt

RC Qualifier
    Whoa I notice most of you guys are half my age but I also live in Houston and I just got my first rusty off ebay after doing alot of research.After I practice a lil bit I'll be looking for a good place to bash do anyone have any good places on the Southwest side besides the hobby shop on Bellaire and Chimney Rock.
    My wife gave me a choice,either this hobby or her.She'll be missed.

RC poster

RC poster
    Originally posted by NightBlade329
    any1 near houston wanna help me fix my electric pede?im having some probs and really new to this.I dont wanna go to the hobby store cuz they charge me alot per hour.Thanks
    I would find a new hobby store. If they wont help without charge then they obviously dont want your business. Tell them so.
    I may grow old, but I refuse to grow up.

RC poster
    Adding to a reply. Alot of you folks are very young..under 16. Some stores seem to think you are not worthy of their attention. Its very simple, you explain in a professional manner that you and all of your friends will trade elsewhere. You then make good on the promise.
    If you need parts you order on-line or thru mail order or thru another store.
    You boycott the store that treated you wrong and have your friends do the same.
    You do not use their track and you pass the word that they do not treat young customers fairly. You are a customer and as such shuld be treated with the same respect as any mastercard/visa carrying adult.
    Remember you must conduct yourself as an adult as well.
    I may grow old, but I refuse to grow up.

RC poster

fixing stampeed

im not a track owner but i can only imagine being there trying to just fix every bodys stuff for free would keep them in the buisness shorter than if yu try to boycott them. this is a hobby something that yu need to try using your own hands and instruction booklets and some friends in the hobby to help yu how do yu learn by letting or paying someone else to do it. and for yu guys that buy online don't really get the support from the online store. if your still having trouble with the truck go to the tracks on a weekend and meet people. we have a race at every track every weekend and im sure some one will help you
    lets get it on!!!

RC Champion
    Very few store treat kids with respect...do you know why...THEY DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY. They pay more attention to adults with jobs who will buy somthing.

RC Champion
    i know...that MMhobby store on chimney rock sucks...they overcharge and charge u ALOT for fixing rcs by the hour.
    I would charge a lot too, most of the time they just do menial things that people should be able to do. They are not there to be a service, they are there to make money.

RC Racer
    i know...that MMhobby store on chimney rock sucks...they overcharge and charge u ALOT for fixing rcs by the hour.

Yeah, they charge like 60 a hour to fix your car. (not that I've ever gotten my car fixed, I can do it myself. lol

RC Racer
    I had Cy-Fair Hobbies fix my truck the first time I wrecked my truck, and when I went back I talked to the guy who fixed it and he gave me some tips on fixing my truck. At that shop they aren't about money as much as they are about helping people get into the hobby of R/C cars. I have wrecked several times since then and I have always been able to fix it myself. They have always treated me with respect at that shop and I am a young kid in 8th grade. But you guys are right about the high prices for fixing your trucks. I had to give an arm and a leg for my truck.

RC poster
    there is one in santa fe and pearland but thats not close tommorow is the first race of the season for thrc and they are giving away a m8 radio for the cost of entry fee in a raffle drawing cool at the pearland track. they have a rc1o1 class on jan 24th 2004 at bellaire speedway ck out the tmf site and the teamhoustonrc site there so cool and as helpful as this site
    lets get it on!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

place to bash

im 29 just got my e maxx about a month ago,i live in friendswood,about 20 minutes from houston.I havent yet raced at the chimney rock shop although i buy all of my parts there,i was just writing to see if anybody in this area has a maxx,and if so where do you run it at,maybe we can meet up and race.

jeremy

RC Qualifier
    welcome to the hobby jaguar2803 i have a rustler and my cousin have a e-maxx. i pratice at the chimney rock track my cousin hasnt yet byw im 30 after i talk to my cousin maybe we can set something up
    My wife gave me a choice,either this hobby or her.She'll be missed.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

sounds good

hey thats cool man,just looking for some people with rcs to run with,and find some nice dirt spots,my e mail address is jaguar2803@sbcglobal.net,if u wanna hook up or just talk rc,im in houston everyday on the southwest side

talk 2 u later