RC poster

Question How To - Build a 6v Receiver Pack???

I'm looking to use a 6v Receiver Pack for my 2.5 T-Maxx and am thinking of making it out of some of my unused Sub-C Sanyo RC race cells.

So 6v = 5 cells - but how do I fit a 5 cell (Sub-C size Batteries) Receiver Pack into the 2.5 T-Maxx Battery Box? The box only just fits the x4 AA Alkaline Battery Holder into it!

Help or Idea's anyone? What have other 'Maxxers' done?
    Last edited by minister33; 01-31-2003 at 04:29 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Dude you have to take it out, and put a pack of 5 aa's in there

like 3 on bottom 2 on top
    jaxx
    2.5 T-maxx, slimline exhaust

RC poster
    NSjax - thanks for the feedback. I've done a bit of reseaarch and what you say rings true. Most people seem to use x4 or x5 NiMh/NiCad AA Batts in their Battery Boxes.

However, it IS normal to use Sub-C cells in receiver packs (most 1/8th Nitro Buggies do this) and when I've got a pack of 2400
    Sanyo's surplus to requirements, it seems a good idea to use them on the TMaxx.

But I don't know where/how to locate them or what confirguration! SURELY someone else has done something similar???

NOTE - I can't 'search' this subject (no doubt covered in the past), because 'search' on this board isn't working.
    Most Valuable Advice - Stick with what works for you!

RC Qualifier
    if you do a rear exhaust conversion you could do it, i cut my exhuast header so it wont bend around then i put a 90 elbow copper then about 3 inches of straight copper then another elbow a exhustcuppler then the pipe.

Jaxx
    2.5 T-maxx, slimline exhaust

RC Qualifier
    I made a pack out of five sub c cells. As said above, I put three on the bottom and two on top. The pack fits nicly directly in front of the front shock tower. It also puts some weight over the front wheels for better traction, and high-speed steering.
    Put the trigger to the plastic!