RC Racer

fastest offroad rc car?'

What is the fastest offroad rc car? i know it isn't a t-maxx. Is it some kind of buggy? I think I am gonna sell my t-maxx for something faster.

RC Qualifier
    its most likely a buggy, maybe an ofna mbx with a two speed conversion? the ofna pirate 10 might be a good truck for u, 50mph out of the box..

RC Champion
    For off road speed most of the 1/8 buggys are quite fast. Kyosho makes some.
    Run Hard, Have Fun, Relax its a hobby.

RC Champion
    The fastest offroad RC car would be one that you build yourself. If you want fast get the lightest 8th scale bugy kit you can find, something like an OFNA Hyper 7 or a GS Storm Pro. Next upgrade all the bearings to ceramics and get the baddest 21 mill you can find. Off the shelf that would be the JP Modified Black Head, or a CMB LSI. Some would argue that the RB C5 would also be in that group and it may well be, but only if it's a Roddy modified. Even though you will have so much power only about 1/10th of the best buggy drivers out there can handle it, it's still not the fastest, but it's close, of course it will not matter to you as you will never get it wide open unless you are on a flat space the size of a couple of football fields. If you must have the hands down fastest offroad out there, go ahead and spring for the $3000 or so it's going to take to buy the engine, then get on the list of your favorite private builder.
    Last edited by fhm; 12-27-2002 at 01:07 PM.

RC Champion
    shumacher xtr3, its a 1/10th stadium truck with a .21 engine and a 3 speed transmission it does about 60-70mph
    2.5maxx and pro 15 rustler

RC Racer
    where can i see the schumacker or however u spell the last 1? how much is the mbx?

RC Racer
    The nitro Rustler is fast and not very expensive if you are concerned about money.

RC Racer
    I don't want to spenf over 500$ on a new car. I think i am gonna get an ofna 9.5

RC Competitor
    i saw the worlds fastest truck (or so it said) in an rc car action magazine... 70mph out of the box and its got a 3-speed
    RALLY ROCKS

RC Qualifier
    I read an article in a magazine about a buggy that went 123 mph
    Surfer
    *Traxxas Nitro Vee *OFNA 9.5
    *Traxxas T-Maxx *Team Associated NTC3
    *ProBoat MissBudwieser *HPI Savage

RC Racer
    Rustler-300
    New Back tires-20,25
    Fuel Filter- 4

And a stop at rdracingproducts.com-150,200
    Sigs are Over-Rated!

RC Racer
    I want to buy a stock buggy that is fas t like the 70+ out of the bow but where can i get it online?

RC Qualifier
    schumacher xtr w/ 3 speed
    75 plus mph
    0 to 60 in less than 3 seconds
    1/10th scale
    .21 thunder tiger pull start engine
    steel chassis

i dont know the website

but i DID SPELL it corretly above

good luck...

though i WOULD get a 1/8th scale buggy....

cant beat them...
    ~[RaCeR X]~
    LiTe RaCe MaXx 2.5
    "ITS SO FUNNY BEATING THE OLD MAXX'S ON THE STRAIGHT AWAYS AT ONLY 1/4 THROTTLE............"

RC Racer
    I meant i didn't spell it right. lol where can i see it online?

RC Qualifier
    we could use a little more info on what u want. do u just want fast and stock? do u wanna dump another 200 into the car to make it good? do u just want speed, or great handling as well?

Before you go on: what RC vehicle do u have now? if u dont have experience with any top end RCs (1/8 buggies and such), then u may want to first try them. u may find that they are fast enough as is.

For great handling, speed, and a few custom mods, the obvious choice is a 1/8 buggy.

-1/8 Buggy, Mugen and Kyosho are the best (but Kyoshos are overpriced in America
    -Find a 2 or 3 speed
    -A good engine, top end JP Modified or Sirio (on road for maxx topend).

Tada!!! you now have a great handling car, 4wd, crazy jumping, great durability, and its FAST! although, a 2 speed or 3 speed tranny would eliminate the center diff, which takes out some handling and brake bias, but overall since its for speed, u will be fine
    GO BIG or GO HOME!!!

RC Qualifier
    what the xtr3 has a 3 speed and does 75...hahahahhahhahahaha sorry i find that amusing i bought a schumacer nitro 10 its 12 yrs old doesnt have a 3 speed and i hit 78.94 mph with a radar gun with power still in the engine then it hit a bump and flew into the car door it didnt break thow but if i put a 3 speed in it omg thatd be insane ive raced xtrs and whooped from here to kingdom come in accelration of the line and speed they just cant match up anymore it doesnt have the ttr engine thats a poncy thing the website i belive is racing cars

RC Racer
    Since this is a Traxxas website, Traxxas Message Boards, T-Maxx Forum, T-Maxx Freestyle............T-MAXX
    Support your local hoppy shop!!
    'Push it to the Maxx!'

RC Qualifier
    i have the kanai II with rb c5 .21. here have a look click here

I think this is really fast!! I also have a serpent vteq. It has a rb c5 collari. On the bigger tracks i get it to 65-75 on the straight away. It has the potential to go 80+. Some people claim it to go 100 mph if you can find the room.

Out of all my nitro's i like my maxx the best. There are parts everywhere for it and they are easy/inexpensive to maintain.
    Last edited by Niffken; 01-02-2003 at 10:55 PM.
    “I am the wheelie king…I can do anything….”
    www.niffken.com