Using Ni-Mh Batt Vs. Alkaline Voltage Issues?
I was just Checking my AA Ni-Mh batteries and my Alkaline batteries to see which ones Were still good and which ones Needer Recharged< Ni-Mh or Tossed out < Alkaline and I came to a Realization.
If i use 8 Ni-Mh batteries in my TQ-3 Radio I am only Giving it at most 10.8 Volts as my Ni-Mh batteries put out about 1.35V instead of 1.2 as stated on the batteries but at 1.2 that would only be 9.6V compares to the 12V if I were using Alkaline, Will that be a huge problem? I notice the same thing for the receiver, 4.8V instead of 6V. I noticedtheh Hump packs add a 5th battery to equal 6V.
I am a little concerned about this, Of course I do have a TQ 2.4Ghz Controller and a 2218X receiver on the way to replace the TQ-3 but for the next week or so I have to use the TQ-3.
The TQ 2.4 Ghz traxxas link transmitter only uses 4 Batteries so the drop will be much less and I may just get a Pack or make my own out of 5 Ni-Mh batteries for that Setup.
I was curious as to any problems others may have had trying to use AA Ni-Mh batteries in this setup rather then a Traxxas Pack or a Custom Built pack that is the proper Voltage.
does this lower voltage issue cause any Problems any of you have came to find?
I would imagine the most likely Issue would be a shortened amount of actual Distance available for the vehicle to travel and still maintain communication but is there also a dravailableilable run time found before having to recharge and if so how drastic is it?
For the time being since I am 100% new, I hadrivendrivern a RC vehicle since 1993 and have never had a Nitro one I am sure I wOKl be ok at the setup I have as I expect to spend quite a decent amount of time just getting used to how to operate the vehicle at fairly low speeds and fairly close range, but later on would like to know what is the best setup and be sure to have the best possible battery configuration.
oh one other thing, having the dropped Vothegreceiver reciever end does that cause any ProblServosh Servo's? I know that on all th electronics I have dealt with lower voltage causes a greater amperage draw which in turn causes more heat and wear on the electronics in question.