I blew out my rear diff and have it all out and appart. I knocked some teeth off my spider gears. Now I have some questions.
1) What weight diff oil should I get?
2) What if anything else should I get?
3) While I have it appart are there any good upgrades I should get?
4) Should I just use the search function on this website?
I pick 4!
Seriously, search around and you'll learn a TON about what you're asking. There are no direct answers to your questions so it's best that you decide for yourself based on the 100's of threads asking the same questions as you!
I personally suggest 300k diff fluid.
I run 500k and love it. Its ofna diff locker lube, great. Make sure you check your seals and bearings, the bearings on the diffs are a good place to upgrade. It sucks having to rebuild a diff because of a blown bearing splitting mesh in your diff.. I have aluminum diff cups, very pricey but for me very worth it. It would be worth you time to search around, very good information around here.
i use ofna 80k and its suite my driving and you probably have to rebuild that diff
buy some of this,
1.[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-5382X-Diff-Differential-Output-Gears-2-Spider-Gears-2-1-10-Summit-New-/390454512463?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ae8e70b4f[/url] you mention you strip the spider gear
2. [url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-5681-Heavy-DutyDiff-Differential-Carrier-1-10-Summit-New-/390454590356?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ae8e83b94[/url] better to put new ones with all the gasket or as mention above aluminum diff cups
Okay thanks everybody I'll do some more looking with the search tool.:)