05-02-2011, 12:32 AM
so, I was running my rally in the house, driving really slowly and just getting on the throttle hard to make a quick U-turn. I was doing laps back and fourth down my hallway. the car slowed down, and I figured that the battery was dead. when I opened it up tho, the motor was very hot and the esc was flashing red! I figured that it had over heated and shut its self down to protect it. but, after letting it cool for awhile. I decided to finish off the pack. now all it does is kinda shutter and not go anywhere. If I ruined the motor on this little thing on the first day with the stock battery, and driving it in the house I am going to be very disappointed. I have been doing this for years and have never overheated anything! I have a ERBE and an original slash converded to mamba max4600, so i am very familiar with brushless systems and Lipo power. are these mini's really this fragile? did I really ruin this motor? if I did, do I have other options for replacement?