View Full Version : Poll: Who drives their truck in the winter?
12-17-2006, 04:00 PM
I am just wondering what you guys do with your trucks in the winter.
1. Do you get snow or not?
2. What trucks do you own, traxxas or not?
3. What trucks do you drive in the winter?
4. Is it indoor or outdoor driving?
5. Why you drive what.
1. I get snow
2. I have a t-maxx a jato 3.3 and an electric stampede, no non traxxas.
3. I only drive my maxx in the winter, the other two sit on the shelf.
4. I drive outdoors, there are no indoor tracks around here.
5. I just drive the maxx because I don't think the jato would get far at all without getting stuck and I have fried too many speed controls in the snow, my pede stays dry from now on.
12-17-2006, 04:06 PM
Well, I've been thinking about making my 'pede drivable in snow next year, but as of now, I don't have any...
12-17-2006, 04:10 PM
1. Wish i ever see snow for the first time
2. Jato 3.3
3. Just the jato sometimes
4. Outdoor driving
12-17-2006, 04:28 PM
1. Do you get snow or not? Yeah, and even worse, Minnesota is unbelievably cold in winter.
2. What trucks do you own, traxxas or not? T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Kyosho Big Brute, electric Stampede, and a few old school cars like the Vanning and Javelin, jrx-pro and trc-pro 10.
3. What trucks do you drive in the winter? E-Maxx and Stampede
4. Is it indoor or outdoor driving? Outdoor, I would do indoor if I had the option.
5. Why you drive what. I drive the e and stampede because I can, I guess. My T has a new engine that I need to break in and I'm going to wait until spring to do it now, it's too cold. Otherwise, I would drive that one too.
12-17-2006, 04:52 PM
The snow is the best thing about owning a nitro car!! :wub:
1. we get snow occationally in Jan/Feb
2. I own a Traxxas Jato that is undergoing an engine upgrade to an OS 18TZ
3. I run just my Jato out in the winter/snow but not when its just cold, and hardly run my CEN mini madness because it just isnt the same as nitro...
4. Outdoors.... obviously...
5. Drive the Jato for the speed and power :D
Revo Big Block
12-17-2006, 06:00 PM
1.yea i get snow but not yet
2.e-maxx...t maxx 3.3....revo
3.well i havent hade my t maxx from last x-mas but i hope to drive it in the snow this year. but for x-mass I am going to make a race revo..so that means i might drive it in the snow(my revo)
5.I am going to drive mt revo because i think it is just plain better then the t maxx(IMO)but i hope to drive mi t maxx but i have been having probloms with it..i drive it and it cant didle so i take it to mi LHS and they say it is running good..so i get home i drive it it work awsome then it breaks 10mins. later..i dont know what i am going to do with it???
12-17-2006, 06:19 PM
1.) lots of snow
2.) to many to list
3.) occasionally my t maxx and my dumas swamp buggy
5.) the air boat because it floats on the snow, makes the t maxx look slow
12-17-2006, 08:19 PM
1 lots of snow
2 T-Maxx / Jato 3.3 / Revo 3.3 / HPI He**fire / Rc18T 8000kv brushless
3 T-Maxx, Jato & RC18T. He**fire & Revo are race only, they are presently torn down for a check-over/upgrades
5 Jato is for parking lot bashing, Tmaxx is for bashing around the yard in the snow, RC18T is raced indoors on an oval track
12-17-2006, 10:38 PM
2.E-maxx and Stampede
3. E-maxx and Stampede
5. Because so driving is the most fun type of bashing IMO....
No pics of the E-maxx yet, but I'll get some.....
12-18-2006, 12:22 AM
i run my electric trucks all the time in the winter , you just need to snow proof the ESC or run an waterproof ESC.
i cross my fingers when i say this (or type haha) but i have yet to burn up a ESC from water
12-18-2006, 07:08 PM
1. Yes, I wipe inches off of my car every morning :p
2. Rustler (and an F-250 :cool:)
4. All outdoor, don't want to waste my new tires on running on the floor.
5. Awesome to drive this thing in the snow, with my new spur it gets a little difficult to keep going straight (MSC, it goes ~half throttle and with just a little more pull on the throttle it goes to full and I spin out).
12-18-2006, 08:41 PM
1. No snow here. I am actually on the opposite schedule as alot of people. I drive all winter and store it most of the summer. It is really no fun to try and run it when the outside temp is like 110.
2. BL E-Maxx and a new stock Stampede.
4. Outdoor-Backyard, soccer park, construction sites.
5. I love the speed and handling of my E-Maxx but recently bought a Stampede for my son and I to just mess around in the back yard with.
12-18-2006, 09:47 PM
1: We get snow, but I'll run them when it is just plain cold out.
2: I've got too many trucks, Traxxas and non-Traxxas......
3: T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Nitro Stampede and brushless E-Stampede are my favorites in the winter.
5: Why? Durability, ground clearance, and speed.
I've cooked a couple of ESC's and some servos over the years, but I don't like to let my trucks sit all winter. So it's either move to Florida, or just run them!
12-18-2006, 10:30 PM
It's Arcee! Hello!
1. Yup! :D
2. Quite a few.
4. Because they're fun!
So far I've only had my Stampede out in the snow this winter. The E-Maxx is getting worked on... Still. Oh yeah... My Mini Quake had an adventure in the snow too!
12-18-2006, 10:31 PM
1: Lots of snow, well most years anyway
2: Trucks in sig plus E-Maxx, FG MT5, LST2, Mini LST, Losi 8IGHT
3: All besides my Revo's, 8IGHT and race jato
4: Outdoors mostly, sometimes we race the mini's in my shop
5: Got a ski kit for my T-Maxx and the FG is gas powered so the cold isn't so hard on it.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.