TRAXXAS is the world’s premier designer and manufacturer of hobby-class, high-performance radio controlled cars, trucks, and boats, utilizing both nitro and electric power. TRAXXAS is known for delivering the industry’s most award winning, best-selling radio-controlled models. Our innovative, cutting-edge designs have captured the imagination of performance-hungry enthusiasts everywhere, and helped us to become number-1 in the industry. At TRAXXAS, we take great pride in creating, engineering, manufacturing, and supporting our own product. Our friendly accessibility and well-known reputation for customer and dealer support have helped many thousands of customers buy TRAXXAS products with confidence, and feel good about the purchases they are making. Over 20 years of manufacturing the world’s finest Ready-To-Race® models has taught us that an RTR is more than just a fully assembled car, truck, or boat. It’s a total package that combines thoughtful engineering, good looks, quality features, and excellent customer and dealer support. TRAXXAS models are about experiencing total performance and satisfaction, not just in the products, but also with the company that stands behind them.
We are searching for a solid web programmer/developer to be responsible for developing and maintaining code to support and expand our company website functionality. Programming and database administration are key elements of this position.
- Work closely with Development Team to create, test, implement and maintain program code
- Create detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations
- Communicate to the Development Team with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays
- Alert colleagues to emerging technologies or applications and the opportunities to integrate them into operations and activities
- Develop innovative, reusable Web-based tools for activism and community building
- BS in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience
- 5 years minimum experience with HTML/XHTML, Drupal and CSS
- 3 years minimum Web programming experience, including PHP
- 3 year minimum experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL and a good working knowledge of SQL
- Development experience using extensible web authoring tools
- Experience developing and managing websites
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to problem-solve and recommend sound, long-term solutions
Experience with the following is highly desirable, but not required:
- E-commerce/shopping cart development
- Having developed or managed a company loyalty/affinity program
- Mass E-mail programs
- Crystal Reports
Please forward your resume including salary history and requirements and a relevant cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter “Programmer” in the subject line, or fax to 800-793-1324.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we can only respond to those applicants whose skills and experience most closely match our requirements.