Mechanical Design Engineer
Bring your passion for technology and performance and come join our growing team! TRAXXAS is looking for talented candidates who have a passion for technology and performance to join our expanding engineering team. We are seeking professional, enthusiastic, experienced Mechanical Engineers with excellent mechanical aptitude and strong technical communication skills. The Mechanical Design Engineer has the potential to work in all aspects of vehicle design and development.
- BSME or MSME from an accredited university
- Understanding of manufacturing methods (injection molding, extrusion, machining, stamping, plating, anodizing, etc)
- Passion for high-performance vehicles (cars, trucks, motorcycles, ATV’s, boats, aircraft, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Will consider entry level, but prefer Co-op or Intern in engineering field.
- 2+ years of experience with the following:
- Product design, development, quality improvements, product enhancements, or similar activity in an Engineering discipline.
- Solid modeling and part/assembly design using 3D CAD software (SolidWorks, Pro-Engineer, Catia, etc.)
- 2D drawings, detailing, and BOM management.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Hands-on experience with hobby-level RC products.
- A high level of hands-on mechanical ability, plus a basic understanding of DC electronics.
- Understanding of vehicle dynamics (land, sea, and/or air) for full size vehicles and/or hobby class models.
- Collegiate design series involvement with SAE Formula, Baja SAE, Aero SAE, or similar, as a key contributor or in a lead role.
TRAXXAS was founded in 1986 and began designing and building the world’s finest radio-controlled cars, trucks, boats, other hobby-class vehicles. TRAXXAS models are available with either electric or nitro power and they are fully assembled and Ready-To-Race® (RTR) right out of the box. TRAXXAS has been consistently recognized for performance and innovation with numerous industry awards, design patents, and national championships. Today TRAXXAS has grown to become the industry sales leader and the number-1 selling name in radio controlled models. No one has achieved more than TRAXXAS to advance the RTR category with creative thinking and fun designs that make it easy for anyone to get started in the exciting radio-controlled hobby.
TRAXXAS offers a fun, enthusiastic and creative working environment located in Plano, Texas. In addition to competitive compensation, our benefits include an employer-paid medical plan, dental plan, life insurance, profit sharing, 401(k) plan with match, a casual dress code, an employee discount on our products and paid time off.
Please forward your resume with a cover letter describing why you are the perfect candidate for this position. Include information regarding your automotive, recreational power sports, and/or radio control hobby history and experience (can be hobby or professional experience) along with your salary history and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 800-793-1324. Be sure to include ‘Mechanical Design Engineer’ in the email subject line.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we can only respond to those applicants whose skills and experience most closely match our requirements.